Monday, February 7, 2011

"Where can I go from your Sprit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." - Psalm 139:7-8. Lately something has been bothering me continuously. You may have heard me talk about this before. But it is a trend that needs to cease. A common phrase I'm sure that all of you have heard is, "God showed up at ____!" or "God was so there!" or "Let's ask God to come here!" God is everywhere, and always with us. People who say these phrases wouldn't deny that. We are able to feel God when we open our hearts to Him. But people don't want to admit this because it takes humility to admit that we don't always have our hearts open to God. Let's stop the pridefulness and be truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment